LERIS is located in the city of Sorocaba, 90 km from both São Paulo (the capital) and Campinas. LERIS consists of a group of highly motivated researchers working with networking, cloud computing, dataplane programmability, 5G&6G, and Machine Learning. LERIS also has associated researchers working on software engineering and user experience topics (for more information access UXLeris webpage). The lab is always involved in projects funded by national and international agencies as well as great companies.
The research projects are inserted in areas of innovation, computer networks and software engineering. LERIS researchers work for approximating the academic research to practical problems. FAPESP, CNPq and the partnership with the industry are the LERIS projects’ sponsors.
The main areas of research:
- Dataplane programmability (eg. P4), in-network monitoring, in-network computing
- Internet Routing, Mobility and Next Generation Internet Architectures
- Data Center, Cloud Computing and Green Computing
In case of doubt, please enter our Discord Server and have a conversation with our LERIS team: https://discord.gg/wzcuQKE7.
- Prof. Fábio visits IFPB and the Innovation Pole of ParaibaProf. Fábio L. Verdi from UFSCar gave a keynote at the Federal Institute of Paraiba and at the Innovation Pole of Paraiba in July 2023. During his visit, the Prof.
- LERIS at SBRC 2023 in Brasilia-DFProf. Fábio, PhD candidate Leandro and Prof. Paulo (IFPB) attended SBRC 2023 in Brasilia in May.
- LERIS researchers present Demo at a Brazilian Symposium of Computer Networks and Distributed Systems (SBRC 2023)Experimentation is an essential step for many scientific types of research since it enables the researcher to observe the validity of his hypotheses. In the context of computer networks, during
- New post-doc researcher in LERISLERIS welcomes Prof. Thiago Caproni Tavares from IF Sul de Minas as a post-doc researcher. Thiago will spend six months in KTH, Sweden as part of his research. Thiago will
- Post-doctoral fellowship in the area of disaggregation of resources in the context of edge-computing and 5G/6GLERIS is seeking candidates for a post-doctoral fellowship position for 24 months to work in the recently created SMARTNESS FAPESP Engineering Research Center (ERC). The candidate will work specifically in the